Love this easy and refreshing juice packed with taste and nutrition.
- Omega Juicer
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1 large cucumber or four Persian cucumbers peel on
- 1/2 inch knob of ginger
- 1 lemon peel on
- 1 apple Pink Lady or Honeycrisp
- Wash and cut all of your produce and ensure the apples, lemon, and cucumber are cut into small pieces.
- Line your Omega pulp container with a compostable plastic bag.
- Start with the romaine, then cucumber, then lemon, apple, and finally, juice the ginger.
- Extracts enough juice for around two people.
- I use all organic ingredients for my produce, it’s worth the extra cost!
- I did not have any morning sickness while pregnant with my first guy, I did have strong food aversions (avocado, eggs, chicken were all on my no-go list). If you do suffer from morning sickness, the ginger in this juice should help.
- To be extra special cautious, I clean my produce using this veggie and fruit cleanser (I know people who have gotten sick from ingesting dirty produce!).
- I use the Omega masticating juicer, because masticating juicers extract more nutrition over centrifugal juicers. However, it IS time intensive to chop and prep the produce, as well as the process itself. If you’re into speed and efficiency, a centrifugal will work. I have tried and tested a variety of juicers, and I’ve had my trusty Omega masticator for close to a decade.
- I am not a vegan or vegetarian (I have ambitions to be fully plant-based, 🌱 it’s just not something I’ve been able to do yet!) and I didn’t follow any particular diet while pregnant due to my past with disordered eating. One thing that was pretty cool was that I did choose to have my placenta encapsulated, and the doula who processed the encapsulation said my placenta was among the healthiest she had ever seen! I told her I juiced for 6 months straight while pregnant!