Here are my top 10 must-haves during your first trimester of pregnancy. These are tried and true items I used throughout both of my pregnancies (and sometimes, past the first trimester).
This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
- Pregnancy Candy. This candy was a lifesaver. I have sent this candy to several of my pregnant friends and they have thanked me. When I struggled with severe nausea and dizziness while pregnant with my second baby, this candy was the only thing that saved me.
- Wrist Bands. These acupressure wrist bands also helped me immensely while dealing with morning sickness. Coupled with the candy, I was able to endure my first trimester much better.
- Magnesium Drink. Have you ever had a Charlie horse while pregnant? If you have – I’m sorry! They are brutal. For whatever reason, pregnant Charlie horses linger, and the only way to keep them at bay was to ensure I was supplementing with magnesium. Try it!
- Preggie Pillow. When you’re pregnant you can no longer sleep on your stomach or your back (puts too much pressure on a vital vein). If you need to get used to sleeping on your side, a pregnancy pillow might be your best investment. There are many out there, and this Snoogle pillow was the one that gave me the most comfort. I used it throughout both of my pregnancies.
- Stretch Mark Prevention. I did not get stretch marks during both of my pregnancies. Much of this is genetics, but I also slathered this all over my belly and hips. It’s got a pleasant smell, and not too greasy. Highly recommend it!
- Bodywash. I switched to non-chemical bodywash shortly after my first pregnancy to ensure I was not exposing myself or my baby to unnecessary toxins. I went from a salicylic-based bodywash (a no-no during pregnancy) to this tea tree oil-based one and it worked better than the other stuff I was using! This bodywash kept my acne and backne at bay, and was incredibly refreshing to boot.
- Flip-Flops. These are hands down the best flip-flops I’ve ever owned. Incredibly comfortable and cushiony, they kept me happy while my body went through the aches and pains of pregnancy.
- Maternity Tops. I loved wearing maternity clothes. I finally felt pretty because these clothes are made for our growing bodies and fit in just the right places. This top is awesome because there are several options to choose from.
- Maternity Pants. I splurged on pregnancy jeans but mama also needed some loungewear. These pants fit the bill! I got these in two colors, and I continue to wear them. They are super soft and fit just right.
- Compression Socks. These are integral if you will be traveling by plane during your pregnancy. Compression socks prevent blood clots from happening, and you’re at increased risk if you are pregnant (and flying!) Must-have!
Leave a Reply